Ice Cream Peppermint Pie
You can enjoy peppermint flavor by the slice with this easy-to-create, crowd-pleasing pie.
Serves: 16Prep: 2 hours 20 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 2 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package chocolate cream sandwich cookies
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 container (1.5 quart) peppermint ice cream
- 1 container (18 oz.) whipped topping
- 1 bag peppermint rounds, lightly crushed, for topping
- Chocolate sauce, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray 2 pie pans (9” each) with nonstick spray. Using blender, grind cookies into crumbs. Transfer to bowl; add melted butter and mix thoroughly. Divide mixture in half.
- Press mixture into 2 pie pans to the edges and up the sides. Bake about 10 minutes, until firm. Let cool.
- Let ice cream soften on countertop. Mix with whipped topping.
- Using a spatula, evenly spread ice cream into cooled pie crusts. Lightly sprinkle with peppermint candy pieces. Freeze 2 to 3 hours.
- Remove from freezer and drizzle with chocolate sauce. Serve. Freeze any leftovers.