Ice Cream Sandwiches with Sprinkles
Ice cream sandwiches are a summer favorite for kids of all ages. Wrap finished sandwiches in foil and store in the freezer where they’ll be ready for playdates and after-school snacks.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 box (18.25 oz.) devil’s food cake mix
- 1 carton (1.5 quarts) vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup colored candy sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine butter and egg. Stir in cake mix. Blend together well. Drop by spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake cookies for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove cookies to cooling rack. When cookies are cool, sandwich 2 tablespoons of ice cream between two cookies. Roll cookies through sprinkles so they stick to the ice cream. Wrap in foil and freeze.