Turn a simple cake into a caterpillar that’s (almost) too adorable to eat.
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ Cake Mix (any flavor)
- 1 1/2 containers Betty Crocker™ Vanilla Rich & Creamy Frosting
- 5 candy-coated chocolate candies
- 24 gumdrops
- 8 drops green food color
- 2 vanilla wafer cookies
- 2 small pretzel sticks
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Make, bake and cool cake as directed on box for 12-cup fluted tube cake pan.
- [Download] the cake template. Cut cake as shown in diagram A. Freeze pieces uncovered 1 hour for easier frosting. Stir food color into frosting. Arrange cake pieces on tray to form inchworm as shown in diagram B. Frost cake, attaching pieces with frosting. : http://kroger.inspiredgathering.com/directions/InchwormCake.pdf
- Attach 1 chocolate candy to each vanilla wafer with frosting; attach to end of cake for eyes. Press 3 candies into frosting for mouth. Gently push 1 pretzel stick into flat end of gumdrop; repeat. Insert pretzel sticks into cake for antennae. Arrange remaining gumdrops along edge for feet. Store loosely covered.