These spices add spectacular flavor to flat iron steaks, and the lime juice tenderizes them. Serve this recipe with roasted potatoes and a green salad.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 12 hours 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 medium onion, peeled and minced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- 2 Tbsp. beef broth
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp. mustard powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 6 flat-iron steaks (5 oz. each)
- In small saucepan, combine butter with onion and garlic over medium heat. Cook and stir until tender, about 6 minutes. Add curry powder; cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes longer until fragrant.
- Remove from heat and add broth, lime juice, cumin, mustard, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Let cool for 10 minutes, then rub over steaks. Cover and refrigerate for at least 12 hours.
- When ready to cook, prepare and preheat grill. Grill steaks over medium direct heat for 8 to 12 minutes, turning once, until desired doneness. Let steaks stand for 5–10 minutes, then serve.