Indian-Style Coleslaw (Kachumbars)
Prepare this fresh; if left too long in the refrigerator, the cucumbers will release too much water.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. finely ground peanuts
- 1⁄4 tsp. red chili powder
- Salt, to taste
- 1 small red onion, peeled and diced
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped cilantro
- In a bowl, combine the lemon juice, peanuts, red chili powder, and salt; mix well. Add the red onion, tomato, and cucumber; toss well. Chill for about 20 minutes. Serve chilled, topped with the cilantro.