Indian-Style Grilled Lamb Chops
This is a fine entrée and goes with many fruits, vegetables, and relishes on the side. Serve it with mango salsa, rice, and braised celery.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. Madras curry powder
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp. fresh cilantro or parsley, minced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh mint, finely minced
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 4 lamb chops, bone in, about 6 oz. each
- Using a mortar and pestle, make a paste of the garlic, spices, lemon, herbs, salt, and red pepper flakes. Spread the mixture on both sides of the lamb steaks, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- Set grill to high heat. Grill hot and fast, giving the steaks 4 minutes per side for rare, 6 for medium, and 8 for well done.