Indian Vegetable Cakes
This is a great way to get kids to eat their veggies! A nonstick pan helps prevent sticking. Sour cream makes a very good garnish.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess moisture
- 5 oz. frozen baby peas, thawed
- 1⁄2 bunch scallions, chopped
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. turmeric
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 5 extra-large eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients except the Parmesan cheese. Form into patties.
- Drop patties, 3 or 4 at a time, into the pan and fry until delicately browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Turn and sprinkle with cheese before serving.