Indian Vegetable Loaf
This is like a savory cake baked in the oven. But it is also like a vegetarian meatloaf-style dish that can be served as a main course or as a side.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 large eggs
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a loaf pan. Beat the eggs with the jalapeño, salt, and pepper in a bowl and set aside.
- Place a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil, onion, and bell pepper. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently. Add to the egg mixture. Stir the cheese, zucchini, carrot, and corn into the egg mixture.
- Mix the flour and baking powder together in a large bowl. Stir in the egg mixture until combined but not smooth. Pour the mixture into the loaf pan and bake in the center of the oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.