Individual Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf
Individual meatloaves mean no fighting over the end pieces and everyone gets the perfect ratio of glaze-to-meat.
Serves: 6Prep: 30 minutesCook: 40 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1 pound ground lean ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, melt butter; add onion, celery and carrot. Cook 5-7 minutes stirring occasional until softened. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, mix together beef, pork, breadcrumbs, milk, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, salt, garlic, pepper and vegetables. Divide into 6 portions and shape into individual rounds. Wrap the edge of each meatloaf with 1 piece of bacon, securing with a toothpick. Place on prepared pan.
- Mix together ketchup, brown sugar and mustard powder. Evenly divide on the top of each meatloaf. Bake 40-45 minutes until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Refrigerate leftovers.