Individual Lemon Puddings with Blueberries
This tangy and easy dessert is the perfect way to end a hearty meal.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 2 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. unflavored gelatin
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1⁄2 cup cold water, divided
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup plus 1⁄4 tsp. lemon juice, divided
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄2 cup ice water
- 1 cup blueberries
- In a small bowl, soften the gelatin in 1 tablespoon cold water. Add boiling water to dissolve. Add sugar, 1⁄2 cup cold water, 1⁄4 cup lemon juice, and the lemon zest. Chill until very thick, about 90 minutes.
- Chill a deep mixing bowl and beaters. Add the dry milk, ice water, and 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon juice to the chilled bowl. Beat until fluffy, then cover and chill. Break up the gelatin lemon mixture with a fork. Add to the whipped milk mixture. Using an electric mixer, beat until fluffy but not too soft.
- Pour into 6 individual glasses. Cover and chill until firm before serving, about 1⁄2 hour. Top with blueberries to serve.