Individual Pâté en Croûte
A classic pâté en croûte is very involved to make. This recipe takes the flavors and makes it easy and fun. These little appetizers are also great for a cocktail party.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ lb. ground beef
- ¼ lb. liverwurst
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ tsp. ground allspice
- 1 tsp. brandy
- 1 small shallot, peeled and minced
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix together all the ingredients except the pastry to form a smooth mixture. Roll into 12 small balls.
- Cut the puff pastry into circles about three times as wide as the meatballs. Wrap each meatball in the puff pastry and crimp the tops shut. Hold in place with a toothpick.
- Fit each ball down into a greased mini-muffin tin and bake for 15 minutes. Serve warm.