Individual Pecan Tarts
Sweet and slightly chewy pecan filling is wrapped into buttery soft tart crusts. Cream cheese keeps the tart dough irresistibly tender, and provides the perfect flavorful base for the caramelized pecan centers.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄3 cup cream cheese, softened
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄3 cups spelt flour
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup coconut sugar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 tsp. sea salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 8 individual tart tins and set on a baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the cream cheese, softened butter, and flour until well-combined and mixture forms a soft dough. Divide into 8 balls.
- Place balls in tart tins. Use your index finger to gently press the center of the ball to fill the bottom of the tin. Press the edges up and around the sides of the tart tin to make room for pecan filling. Place sheet in the refrigerator to chill for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add egg, coconut sugar, and honey and beat until well-combined. Add melted butter, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon and mix well.
- Remove crusts from the refrigerator. Fill tarts 1⁄3 full with chopped pecans. Pour about 1⁄2 teaspoon of the filling over the pecans, so they are covered and tarts are about 3⁄4 of the way full. Top the tarts with more pecans.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve hot, warm, or cold.