Individual Tiramisu Trifle
All the decadent flavor of a classic Italian dessert without the sugar-laden guilt afterward is what this mousse has to offer. Be sure to use mascarpone cheese if at all possible to get the true taste of this treasure.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners sugar, divided
- 4 oz. mascarpone (or cream cheese if not available)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp. cocoa powder, divided
- 4 ladyfinger cookies
- 1⁄4 cup strong black coffee
- In a small bowl, whip cream with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Add vanilla, 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar, and 2 tablespoons cocoa powder to whipped cream mixture. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix remaining sugar and mascarpone with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Break 1 cookie on the bottom of 2 glasses. Pour 1 tablespoon coffee over each lady finger. Cover the mixture with 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture. Repeat process with the remaining cookies, and coffee. Layer the whipped cream mixture over the cookies and top with the remaining cheese mixture.
- Top with a sprinkle of cocoa powder. Cover and chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.