Individual Turkey Pot Pies
Make the most of your leftover turkey with these personal-sized pies. Try topping them with puff pastry, pie crust or mashed potatoes.
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups College Inn® Turkey or Chicken Broth
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed according to package directions
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey or chicken
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots or 1 can (8.5 oz.) Del Monte® Peas & Carrots, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped cooked green beans or 1 can (8 oz.) Del Monte® Cut Green Beans, drained
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Cook onion, celery, flour, rosemary, thyme and pepper 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Slowly add broth, stirring until smooth. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Using outer edge of a 10-ounce ramekin as a size guide, cut 4 circles out of puff pastry sheet; set aside. Stir in turkey, peas and carrots and green beans. Spoon into four 10-ounce ramekins.
- Place pastry over turkey mixture in each ramekin.
- Blend together egg and water; brush over pastry. Place ramekins on rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown and puffed. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.