Individual Zucchini Gratins
Vegetable gratins are easy to make and delicious. For this recipe, we make individual gratins, but you can make it altogether in a medium-sized shallow, baking dish.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 4 zucchini, cut into 1⁄4-inch slices
- 1 large onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 4 individual oven-proof, shallow bowls with olive oil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together salt, black pepper, and rosemary.
- In a microwave-safe measuring cup, stir together milk and nutmeg and heat for 60 seconds.
- Into each prepared bowl, arrange zucchini slices in a single layer, alternating with a sprinkle of the salt mixture, onion slivers, and cheese. Top the layers with the remaining cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until milk is bubbling and cheese is browned.