Individual Zucchini Soufflé
These individual soufflés are easy to make and make a lovely side or light lunch.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled low-fat feta cheese
- 3 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 large eggs, separated, plus 4 egg whites
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Blend in flour and mustard and add milk. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from stove. Stir in the cheeses and zucchini.
- Beat egg yolks and add to the cheese and zucchini mixture.
- Whip egg whites with electric mixer until foamy and peaks form. Gently fold the egg whites into the zucchini mixture until well blended.
- Coat 6 soufflé cups with cooking spray, and spoon mixture into the cups. Bake for 25 minutes.