Indonesian Chili-Peanut Sauce
Satay: whether itʼs chicken, beef, pork, or shrimp, this is the sauce to serve with it for dipping.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- ½ cup water
- 1 Tbsp. minced red chili pepper (jalapeño or serrano)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. chopped peanuts
- Heat the peanut butter and water in a sauce pan over low heat, whisking to smooth out the peanut butter.
- Add the chili pepper, garlic, brown sugar, ginger, and lemon juice and continue to cook over low heat for a few minutes, stirring to prevent scorching.
- Stir in the soy sauce and remove from heat. Stir in the chopped peanuts.
- Serve with a variety of things such as skewered shrimp, chicken, beef, or pork.