Inside-Out Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Take your grilled cheese to the next level by adding cheese to the outside!
Serves: 1Prep: 5 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 2 slices (0.75 oz.) sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 slice (0.75 oz.) provolone
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Spread Parmesan cheese on a plate; set aside.
- Place sliced cheese between slices of bread. Spread half the butter the top outside piece of bread; flip on to plate of Parmesan and press gently. Spread remaining butter on the other side of the sandwich and flip over to coat with Parmesan.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat; add sandwich. Cook 5-6 minutes until golden brown; flip and continue cooking 3-4 minutes until golden brown and the cheese inside is melted.