Stout beer brownies with Irish cream frosting for a sweet taste of Ireland.
Serves: 16Prep: 25 minutesCook: 1 hour 30 minutesTotal: 1 hour 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 stick butter
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup stout beer, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons Irish cream
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line an 8”x 8” pan with foil or parchment; butter or spray and set aside.
- Combine butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl and set over a pan of warm water. Stir occasionally until melted. Allow to cool slightly.
- Whisk eggs together in a large bowl; add sugars, beer, vanilla and salt. Stir in chocolate mixture; fold in flour.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake for 28-30 minutes, until center is set. Cool in pan on a rack.
- Meanwhile, to make the frosting beat together the softened butter, powdered sugar and Irish cream until smooth. Spread on cooled brownies.