Irish Macaroni & Cheese
This three-cheese macaroni topped with crispy breadcrumbs will always be the hit of the party.
- 1 pound pasta of your choice, like penne, macaroni or ziti
- 3 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup Kerrygold™ Aged Reduced Fat Cheddar, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup Kerrygold™ Blarney Castle Cheese, shredded
- 6 tablespoons Kerrygold™ Butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup Kerrygold™ Dubliner® Cheese, shredded and divided
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Melt 3 Tbsp. butter.
- Add flour and whisk over medium heat.
- Pour in milk slowly. Whisking well until incorporated and smooth. (It will be thick at first.) Add cayenne pepper, white pepper and sea salt.
- Gradually add the cheeses, reserving 1/2 of the Dubliner cheese, whisking until incorporated.
- Add pasta into cheese sauce. Pour into casserole dish.
- Mix together remaining Dubliner cheese, breadcrumbs, 3 Tbsp. melted butter and parsley. Top the pasta mixture with this mixture.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.