Irish Oatmeal and Poached Fruit
This breakfast will keep the kids fueled for hours! It has the perfect combination of slow-release starch and get ‘em going fruit. The nuts will stave off hunger, too!
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 tart apple, cored and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups Irish or Scottish oatmeal
- 1 1⁄2 cups nonfat milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat yogurt
- 1 cup toasted walnuts
- In a large saucepan, mix the raisins and apple with the water, honey, and salt. Bring to a boil and remove the pan from the heat.
- Mix the oatmeal and milk with the low-fat yogurt. Cook according to package directions.
- Serve hot, topped with fruit and sprinkled with walnuts.