Irish Whiskey Cheddar Spread
This spread is delicious on crackers or toast, but it is also a great filling for sandwiches or omelets. This spread tastes best, and spreads more easily, when given a chance to warm up for an hour before serving.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 4 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3 1⁄2 oz. Kerrygold Aged Cheddar with Irish Whiskey, shredded
- 1 Tbsp. whiskey
- 1 tsp. prepared horseradish
- 1⁄4 tsp. onion powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 tsp. dry mustard powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. kosher salt
- In the work bowl of a food processor combine the cream cheese, shredded cheese, whiskey, horseradish, onion powder, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, mustard powder, and salt. Process until the mixture is smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl to make sure all the cheese is thoroughly processed, about 1 minute.
- Transfer the mixture to a small bowl, cover, and chill for at least 4 hours.