A Is for Apple Cake
Got a field trip to the orchard planned? Bake this cake when you get back as you talk over your favorite memories of the day. Try Piñata, Braeburn, or Gala apples for baking.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 box (18.25 oz.) spice cake mix
- 1 box (3.9 oz.) butterscotch instant pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 3 medium apples, cored, peeled, and chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Butter a tube pan.
- Combine cake mix, pudding, eggs, oil, and water in a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer set to medium speed.
- Gently fold in apples and dried cranberries so they are distributed evenly throughout the batter. Pour into pan and bake for 55 minutes.
- Invert cake onto wire rack to cool.