Italian Beef Simmer
Save to My Recipes
This flavorful one-dish meal is unbelievably good. Serve with a spinach salad and some crisp breadsticks.
Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutes
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 package (8 oz.) sliced mushrooms
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 jar (26 oz.) pasta sauce
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- 1 package (16 oz.) refrigerated roast beef
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- In large saucepan, cook bacon until crisp; remove, crumble, and set aside.
- Add onion, garlic, mushrooms, and carrots to pan drippings; cook and stir for 8 to 9 minutes. Add pasta sauce, thyme, and pepper; bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 10 to 12 minutes until carrots are tender. Shred roast beef and add to mixture along with bacon; simmer for 7 to 9 minutes until hot. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.