Italian Chicken Bake
This Italian Chicken Bake has just five simple ingredients, but tons of flavor! The chicken cooks in tomatoes, so it stays super moist and creates its own sauce. You can serve it over pasta or with bread so you have something to scoop up all that goodness.
Created by: Erin, Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1 can (14 oz.) Italian style diced tomatoes
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a 9” square baking dish (or casserole dish) with non-stick spray.
- Pour can of tomatoes into pan and spread evenly over the bottom. Nestle chicken breasts into the tomatoes. Spread about 1 tablespoon pesto over each piece of chicken.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until chicken is cooked through (the internal temperature should be 165°F).
- Top with shredded cheese, and return to the oven for 5 minutes until melted. Use broiler if you want the cheese browned.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with basil. Serve immediately and store any leftovers in the fridge.