Italian Crispy Pork Chops
This recipe is great for those who want to add some crunchiness to their pork. Serve with rice and green beans for a balanced and delicious meal.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 thin-cut boneless pork chops (4 oz. each)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbsp. water
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup panko
- 1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp. dried basil leaves
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- Place pork chops between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound with a rolling pin or meat mallet until about ⅓-inch thick.
- In shallow bowl, combine eggs and water and beat until blended.
- On shallow plate, combine cheese, panko, Italian seasoning, and basil and mix well. Dip pork chops into egg mixture and then into cheese mixture, pressing the cheese mixture firmly onto the chops. Place on wire rack when coated. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the pork chops, 2–4 minutes on each side, until brown and crisp and just slightly pink inside. Serve immediately.