Italian Lemon Ricotta Cake
This citrusy Italian-inspired cake is moist, delicate and totally irresistible.
Serves: 12Prep: 15 minutesCook: 1 hour 5 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups semolina flour
- 1 container (15 oz.) ricotta cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 medium lemons, zested
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat 10” springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In medium saucepan over medium heat, bring milk, water, butter and salt to simmer. Gradually whisk in flour. Remove from heat.
- In large mixing bowl, combine ricotta, eggs, granulated sugar, zest and vanilla; mix until smooth. Add flour mixture; whisk until smooth.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan; bake 1 hour, until edges are lightly browned and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow cake to cool completely before transferring to serving plate. Dust with confectioners’ sugar.