Italian Puttanesca Sauce
This is a spicy and pungent tomato-based sauce made with capers, black olives, and anchovies. Serve it over cooked pasta such as spaghetti, linguini, or fettuccine, along with a green salad and crusty bread.
Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp. dried crushed red pepper
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp. drained capers
- 1 cup chopped olives
- 5 anchovies, chopped
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- In a 6-quart soup pot, sauté garlic in oil for a few minutes. Add tomatoes, red pepper, and oregano, and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. Add capers, olives, and anchovies and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in salt, black pepper, and parsley.