Italian Sausage and Pesto Pizza
Spicy Italian sausage, fresh mozzarella and sweet rainbow peppers combine with basil pesto and a sprinkle of crushed red pepper…yum!
Serves: 6Prep: 15 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 ounces Italian sausage link
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 4 teaspoons HemisFares™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1⁄4 cup HemisFares™ Basil Pesto Pasta Sauce
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, torn into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup mini yellow rainbow peppers, sliced
- 1 ounce shaved Parmesan cheese
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place sausage link on grill; cover grill. Grill, turning once, 5-6 minutes until cooked through. Remove to cool slightly. Slice sausage thinly.
- Meanwhile, on a clean work surface, roll and press dough out to a 12” circle. Brush 2 teaspoons oil over surface. Transfer dough, oil-side down, to grill. Reduce heat to medium. Cover grill; grill 2 minutes until just starting to set. Brush ungrilled side with remaining 2 teaspoons oil; flip crust.
- Spread grilled side of crust with pesto. Top evenly with sausage, mozzarella, rainbow peppers, Parmesan and pepper flakes. Cover grill; grill 5-6 minutes until cheese is melted and toppings are heated through.
- Refrigerate leftovers.