Italian Sausages and Sweet Peppers
This dish can be made in a skillet if you don’t have a grill pan. You won’t get the grill lines, but the flavor will be just as good.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 sweet Italian sausage links
- 1 small onion, thickly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- Place a grill pan over medium heat and when it’s heated, place the sausages at one end. Place the vegetables, oil, basil, and oregano in a bowl and toss to combine. Spread the onions over the rest of the grill pan.
- Cook the sausages for 4 minutes on each side. Toss the vegetables every few minutes. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan, and steam the sausages in the liquid created by the vegetables. Stir the vegetables every few minutes. Cook each side for another 8 minutes.
- Remove the sausages and vegetables from the skillet and keep warm. Increase the heat to medium-high. Pour the chicken stock in the pan so it coats the surface. Scrape any stuck-on bits. Simmer for 4 minutes. Pour the liquid over the vegetables and sausages and serve.