Italian Stuffed Peppers
Italian Stuffed Peppers are a delicious twist on a classic. Fresh bell peppers stuffed with Italian sausage, rice, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and Italian seasonings. These peppers are easy to prep and ready in under an hour. The perfect weeknight dinner!
- 6 large bell peppers
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 pound Kroger Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 can (14 oz.) Kroger Italian style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 8 ounces Roundy's shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, minced
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds & membrane. Set aside.
- Prepare rice according to package instructions (2/3 c. uncooked rice yields 2 c. cooked).
- While rice is cooking, brown Italian sausage and onion in a large skillet until no pink remains. Drain grease.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together cooked rice, Italian sausage, diced tomatoes, 1 ½ c. cheese, and 2 Tbsp. parsley.
- Spoon into peppers, filling them completely.
- Place stuffed peppers into a 9x13 inch baking pan. Add 1/4 c. water to the bottom of the pan.
- Top peppers with remaining ½ c. cheese.
- Cover with foil; bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake 10 minutes more.