Italian-Style Baked Stuffed Mushrooms
Serves: 24Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 24 large button mushrooms
- Spectrum Naturals Extra Virgin Olive Spray Oil with Garlic Flavor
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 large tomato, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ⅛ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp. mustard powder
- 1 tsp. salt-free Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup shredded provolone cheese
- ¼ cup shredded whole-milk mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Remove and chop the stems from the mushrooms; set aside. Lightly mist the tops and bottoms of the mushroom caps with the spray oil. Arrange in an oven-safe casserole dish or roasting pan, stem-side up.
- Put the chopped mushroom stems, onion, tomato, green pepper, and lemon juice in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 3 to 5 minutes or until the onion is tender and transparent. Set aside to cool.
- Stir the olive oil, pepper, mustard powder, Italian seasoning, cheeses, and bread crumbs into the onion mixture. Evenly divide the mixture between the mushroom caps. Lightly mist the stuffed mushroom caps with the spray oil. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender and the cheese is melted and bubbling.