Italian Submarine Sandwich
This sandwich can be served cold, or heated open-face in the oven, minus the salad ingredients, which are then added after the sandwich is taken out of the oven. Cut sub in smaller pieces to serve as appetizers for more people.
Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutes
- 1 sub roll (12")
- 6 slices deli ham
- 6 slices salami
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 5 slices tomato
- ¼ cup sliced hot banana peppers
- 2 Tbsp. bottled Italian dressing
- Slice the sub bun lengthwise, but not all the way through. Open it up flat like a book.
- Cover the bread with the slices of ham. Lay the salami on top of the ham. Line up the cheese on top of the salami. Layer the lettuce, tomato, and banana peppers on the meats and cheese.
- Drizzle dressing on the lettuce, and fold the sandwich closed.
- Cut sandwich in half with a serrated knife.