Italian Turkey Meatballs
Frozen Italian meatballs make this appetizer a snap to make. Look for them near the meat products in your grocer’s freezer.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 6 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 12 frozen Italian-style turkey meatballs
- 1 tsp. canola oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Defrost the meatballs according to package instructions. Place them into a 4-quart slow cooker.
- Heat the oil in a nonstick pan. Sauté the garlic, onion, and carrot until the carrots and onions start to soften. Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, pepper, and basil. Stir. Simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Pour the sauce over the meatballs, and stir to coat them. Cook on low up to 6 hours.