Italian Wedding Zuppa
No need to wait for a wedding to enjoy this soup – but the taste will have you wanting to celebrate. The question is: “will you want seconds?” We think the answer is: “I do.”
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 Simple Truth Organic™ Whole Carrots, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped, divided
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ Sage, divided, more to taste
- 3 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Free Range Chicken Broth Fat Free
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄2 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon panko bread crumbs
- 1 1⁄2 cups small pasta shells
- 1 1⁄2 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Baby Spinach
- 1⁄2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded, for topping
- In a large stockpot over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add onion and carrots and cook, stirring, until slightly softened, about 4 minutes. Add half of the garlic, Worcestershire sauce and sage; cook 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth and water and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix pork, Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, remaining garlic, Worcestershire sauce and sage in a bowl. Form 1” meatballs.
- Increase heat to medium-high and bring soup to a boil. Stir in pasta and cook 6 minutes. Add meatballs and cook until firm and float to the top, about 8 more minutes.
- Stir in spinach and cook until wilted, about 1 minute. Ladle soup into bowls and top with extra Parmesan.