J. Lohr Crispy Patatas Bravas with Roasted Red Pepper Aioli
Inspired by traditional Spanish tapas, these crispy patatas are served with a decadent roasted red pepper aioli for a side or appetizer that’s as impressively tasty as it is easy to make.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 40 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 pounds fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup roasted red peppers, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- On rimmed baking sheet, arrange potatoes cut side down and evenly spaced apart. Pour thin layer of water to cover baking sheet. Using foil, cover sheet tightly, crimping along the sides to seal and trap steam.
- Bake about 20 minutes, until fork slides easily through potatoes. Let cool slightly; increase oven temperature to 425°F.
- Pour any remaining water into sink. Remove foil. Drizzle olive oil over potatoes. Season with salt; toss to combine.
- Arrange potatoes cut side down and evenly spaced again. Roast about 20 minutes, until tops are golden, and bottoms are deeply browned. Let potatoes cool slightly, then use spatula to unstick them from baking sheet.
- Meanwhile, in blender, combine mayonnaise, roasted pepper and salt. Pulse until smooth; transfer to bowl. Serve with potatoes.