Jack-o-Lantern Personal Pizzas
Get into the season with this festive dinner. Homemade pizza dough, ready in a flash, topped with simple ingredients and transformed into a friendly (or spooky, if you wish) Jack-o-Lantern face.
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 jar (14 oz.) pizza sauce
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Prep 2 baking sheets with foil and coat with baking spray. Set aside.
- Put the yeast and water in a bowl and stir thoroughly to combine.
- Add the flour, salt, oil and sugar and stir until a soft dough forms.
- To make the pizzas, divide the dough into four equal parts. Press each section out into a circle on the foil, two to a pan. Pull out a small section to make a stem.
- Let them stand for 15 minutes.
- Top with pizza sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese and pepperoni (as the face of the Jack-o-Lantern).
- Bake at 400ºF for 10-15 minutes, until the crust and cheese are turning golden brown.
- Tip: This dough can be pressed out into 1 large pizza. Instead of dividing the dough, press all the dough into 1 large pizza on a prepped, foil-covered baking sheet, coated in baking spray. Pull out a little section for the stem and then add the toppings. Bake at 400ºF for 15-20 minutes, until the crust and cheese are turning golden brown.