This is a terrific brunch dish. Prepare Mexican chorizo sausage as an accompaniment for a complete spiced-up breakfast.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 12 extra-large eggs
- ¼ cup half-and-half
- ½ tsp. seasoned salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup sliced red jalapeños
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine the eggs, half-and-half, salt, and pepper in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Use an electric mixer to beat until very light. Stir in tomatoes
- Melt the butter in a medium-sized oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle evenly with the cheese.
- Pour the eggs over the cheese in the pan. Sprinkle jalapeños on top. Place the pan on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until just firm. Let cool for several minutes, until set, before removing from the pan. Cut into wedges and serve hot.