Serve this with simple rice and vegetable dishes so you don’t detract from the complex flavors in the chicken.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hour 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 small jalapeño peppers, stemmed and seeded
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 whole chicken (2 1⁄2 lbs.), cut into 4 serving pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put the garlic, peppers, orange juice, honey, lime juice, salt, and cayenne pepper in a blender or food processor; blend on medium setting for 5 minutes or until the peppers and garlic are well chopped up.
- Place the chicken in a roasting pan. Brush the glaze on the chicken liberally but save about half for later.
- Cook for 1 1⁄2 hours. After 30 minutes, turn the chicken and again glaze liberally. After another 30 minutes, turn the chicken over again and use the remaining glaze.