Jalapeño Corn Bread
Serve this spicy corn bread with chili, soup, or pot roast.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 small yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp. canned chopped jalapeños
- 1 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 3⁄4 cup masa harina or cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 1⁄2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup canned cream-style corn
- 1⁄2 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Remove the skin from the onion and chop into 1⁄4-inch pieces. Remove the skin from the garlic and mince. Drain off the water from the jalapeños.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl. Pour the mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until lightly brown on top.