Spice up your cornbread with this jalapeño recipe! It’s easy to prepare a day ahead and serve with your Thanksgiving meal.
Serves: 16Prep: 10 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Kroger® Nonfat Grade A Plain Yogurt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons jalapeño, seeded and minced
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly spray an 8”x8” baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking soda and salt. Stir in the yogurt and eggs, stirring just until combined. Fold in the jalapeño. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the center of the bread springs back when gently pressed.
- Serve with honey or butter.