This is excellent served with lamb chops or simply spooned over crackers spread with cream cheese.
Serves: 30Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 medium jalapeño peppers
- 5½ cups sugar
- 1½ cups cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 bottle (6 oz.) liquid pectin
- 8 drops green food coloring
- Remove the stems and seeds from the jalapeños and cut into ¼" pieces.
- Combine the jalapeños, sugar, cider vinegar, and lemon juice in a large pot over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the pectin and boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in food coloring.
- Pour into sterilized jars, seal, and place in a hot water bath for 5 minutes.