Jalapeño Popper Chicken Bake
Jalapeño poppers are always a favorite on game day, so why not amp it up and make it a meal? The addition of chicken and pasta make this a new all-time favorite at the tailgate party!
Serves: 10Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 1⁄2 lbs. chopped rotisserie-style chicken
- 12 slices bacon, cooked and chopped, grease reserved
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1 cup milk
- 12 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups grated Cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese, divided
- 6 medium jalapeño peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 lb. rotini pasta, cooked
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, sliced into rings
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare large casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Place chicken in a large mixing bowl. Pour bacon and bacon grease over chicken, stir to combine.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Sauté onion and garlic 8 minutes until onion is translucent. Add milk and cream cheese. Reduce heat to medium and cook until cream cheese is smooth, about 5 minutes. Add 1 cup Cheddar and 1 cup mozzarella; stir to combine. When cheese is melted, removed skillet from heat.
- Add onion and cheese mixture to chicken and bacon. Stir in diced jalapeños and prepared pasta. Stir to coat well.
- Pour chicken mixture into casserole dish and spread evenly. Top with remaining cheeses and slices of jalapeño. Bake 50 minutes. Serve hot.