These peppers aren’t the deep-fried versions you’ll find at bars, but they’re just as gooey, cheesy, and tasty.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 10 medium jalapeño peppers
- 8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup goat cheese, at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 450°F and position an oven rack in the middle. Grease a baking sheet.
- Slice jalapeños lengthwise down the center. Remove seeds and ribs from inside peppers and discard.
- Combine cream cheese, goat cheese, cilantro, garlic, salt, cayenne, black pepper to taste, and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Stir until all ingredients are smooth and thoroughly mixed.
- Spoon cheese mixture into each of the jalapeño halves. Place filled peppers on the prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until peppers are starting to char and filling is browned and bubbly, about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.