Save to My Recipes
These peppers aren’t the deep-fried versions you’ll find at bars, but they’re just as gooey, cheesy, and tasty.
Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutes
- 10 medium jalapeño peppers
- 8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup goat cheese, at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1½ Tbsp. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 450°F and position an oven rack in the middle. Grease a baking sheet.
- Slice jalapeños lengthwise down the center. Remove seeds and ribs from inside peppers and discard.
- Combine cream cheese, goat cheese, cilantro, garlic, salt, cayenne, black pepper to taste, and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Stir until all ingredients are smooth and thoroughly mixed.
- Spoon cheese mixture into each of the jalapeño halves. Place filled peppers on the prepared baking sheet about 2" apart.
- Bake until peppers are starting to char and filling is browned and bubbly, about 12–15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.