Use this flavorful spread to accompany a Mexican-themed meal.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 6 medium jalapeño peppers
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 tsp. grated lime zest
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Rub the jalapeños with olive oil and roast on a nonstick baking sheet for about 30 minutes, or until they turn dark brown.
- Transfer to a bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Allow to sit for 15 minutes or until cool. Seed and skin the peppers.
- Puree the flesh together with the remaining ingredients in the bowl of a food processor; until blended. Store refrigerated in airtight containers.