Serve this sauce over rice or in burritos or tacos.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 8 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tsp. canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and sliced
- 7 tomatillos, chopped
- 2 small jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
- ½ cup water
- Juice of 1 medium lime
- Heat the oil in a nonstick pan. Sauté the garlic, onion, tomatillos, and jalapeños until softened.
- Place the mixture into a 4-quart slow cooker. Add the water and stir. Cook on low for 8 hours.