Jam & Oat Bars
Strawberry jam sits between two layers of buttery brown sugar-oatmeal for a treat that's deliciously sweet. One taste takes you to foodie paradise!
Serves: 12Prep: 20 minutesCook: 45 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 sticks butter
- 1⁄2 cup plus 2½ Tbsp. brown sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 2 cups plus 2½ Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups strawberry jam
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom of baking tray with non-stick spray and dust with flour.
- In a bowl, use electric mixer to beat sugar and butter until light and airy. Pour in vanilla, salt and lime zest; gradually add 2 cups flour until dough forms.
- In a baking tray, press half of dough into an even layer. Spread strawberry jam over.
- Combine coconut, oats, 2½ tablespoons flour, sugar and other half of the dough to create streusel. Crumble streusel over jam and bake 45 minutes.