Japanese-Style Grilled Squid
Squid is a universally popular food in coastal areas of the world. When buying squid, make sure it is very fresh, and for this recipe, small.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp. dark Asian vinegar
- 1 lb. small squid, cleaned
- 1⁄2 cup peanut oil
- Mix soy sauce, ginger, pepper, garlic, and vinegar in a large bowl. Add the squid and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat grill to high heat.
- Remove squid from marinade; reserve marinade. Dry squid on paper towels and dip in peanut oil. Sear on the grill, 2 minutes per side, basting with the reserved marinade after turning the squid. Slice thinly before serving.