Jewish Noodle Pudding
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. dried broad egg noodles
- ½ lb. dried apricots, diced
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and diced
- ¼ cup crushed drained pineapple
- ¾ cup golden raisins
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups (1 pint) sour cream
- 2 cups (1 lb.) cottage cheese
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Grease a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- In a large saucepan, bring at least 4 quarts of water to a rolling boil. Add 1 tablespoon salt. Add the noodles, stir to separate, and cook until al dente. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the noodles, apricots, apple, pineapple, and raisins. Beat the eggs and combine, in a large bowl, with the sour cream, cottage cheese, milk, and melted butter. Using an electric mixer, beat until well blended and creamy. Add the sugar and vanilla and mix thoroughly. Pour the sour cream mixture over the noodles and combine well. Transfer the mixture to the prepared dish. Bake until set and golden brown, about 1 hour. Serve at once or reheat when ready to serve.