Jicama, Mandarin Orange, and Arugula Salad
Jicama is a wonderful tuber, a bit like a potato but of finer, firmer texture and much sweeter. It can be cooked, but it’s absolutely lovely raw in salads or as a garnish, shredded over soups. It adds a great deal of crunch to any dish, salad, or soup or as a cocktail snack on toast.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 jicama tuber (6 oz.), peeled and julienned
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. chopped rosemary
- 2 tsp. chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup canned no-sugar-added mandarin oranges, drained and chilled
- 2 cups arugula
- Place the jicama in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, salt, pepper, herbs, and olive oil together.
- Add the oranges to the jicama and pour dressing over them. Arrange the arugula on plates and spoon dressed jicama and orange over the top.